Redfish Lunch and Dinner: Root Beer
Recreate these flies at home! Materials used in making this fly have been included below. Always keep in mind your local fly-fishing store will most likely have the materials referenced, and typically for less. Materials can also be found at Amazon or any other major on-line resource.
- Gamakatsu SC15 Hook (#1/0)
- Danville 210 Thread, Nylon, Flat Wax, Brown
- Eyes, Bead Chain, Medium, Silver
- Krystal Flash, UV Pearl
- Krystal Flash, Tan
- Marabou, Select, Tan
- UV Polar Chenille, Root Beer
- EP Tarantula Brush, 1″, Brown
- EP Foxy Brush, 1.5″, Rusty
- Seaguar, Red Label, Fluorocarbon, 40#, Clear (weed guard)
Design Inspiration & Detail
If any fly has it all, Capt Jesse says this is it! The bulky head pushes just the right amount of water, the marabou tail wiggles like nobody’s business, and the colors are just right to get Redfish fired up! Most variations of the Redfish L&D sell at $17.00 for three. For further info on Jesse and a look at more of his fly patterns, see Flies by Backwater Fly Fishing.
Target species would include, “Redfish!!! Snook, Seatrout, and baby Tarpon have all fallen for this one too.”