Murray’s Backcountry Baitfish: Chartreuse
Recreate this fly at home! Materials used in making this fly have been included below. Always keep in mind your local fly-fishing store will most likely have the materials referenced, and typically for less. Materials can also be found at Amazon or any other major on-line resource.
- Mustad C68SNP-ZS 2XH/2XS (#1/0)
- Danville Flymaster, Nylon, 6/0, Fluorescent Pink
- UNI Thread, Poly, 6/0, White
- Holographic Eyes, 3/16″, Silver
- Craft Fur, Fluorescent Chartreuse
- Craft Fur, White
- Krystal Flash Chenille, Medium, Pearl
Design Inspiration & Detail
This fly was designed and tied by Joe Murray of Willoughby, OH. Over the last ten years, Joe spent a good portion of his Summer months fishing Fort Meyers, Marco Island, Ding Darling, and Middle Torch Key. These were testing grounds for some of his original and creative fly designs. To learn more about Joe and his line of fly patterns, see our post on Flies by Joe Murray.