Green Mangrove Shrimp
Recreate fly patterns at home! Materials used in making this fly have been included below. Always keep in mind your local fly-fishing store will most likely have the materials referenced, and typically for less. Materials can also be found at Amazon or any other major on-line resource.
- Mustad 34007SS (#1/0)
- UTC Monofilament, clear (0.006)
- Bead Chain Eyes, medium, black
- Senyo’s Laser Dubbing, rusty bronze
- Berkley 30 lb mono, clear, melted (colored w black Sharpie)
- EP Silky Fibers 3D, rainbow
- Crazy Legs, white/ barred, silver flake
- Flashabou, tan/ pearl
Design Inspiration & Detail
Special thanks to Davis Brown for sharing this fly. Another great fly for fishing the backwaters of South Florida. The natural shrimp colors and various appendages (legs, eyes, antennule, etc.) are perfect for attracting all crustacean eating predators. Be creative and change up colors.
This particular fly was designed to attract Snook and Redfish – jacks many other species will also take the fly. Toss this up within two feet of the mangrove line, it’s lethal.