Cuban Shrimp v2
Recreate these flies at home! Materials used in making this fly have been included below. Always keep in mind your local fly-fishing store will most likely have the materials referenced, and typically for less. Materials can also be found at Amazon or any other major on-line resource.
- Partridge John Holden Sea Hook (#4) or Orvis O’Shaughnessy Hook (#6)
- UTC Thread 210, Black or Tan
- Bead Chain Eyes, Large, Silver
- Chenille, Medium, Brown & Tan (Brown & Light Olive also pictured)
- SLF Prism Dubbing, Orange & Pink
- Pheasant Tail
- Centipede Rubber Legs, Small or Mini, Grey
- Crystal or Midge Flash, Pearl
- Golden Pheasant Tippet
- Woodchuck or Coyote
- Bristles from a hair-brush (tipped w Black Sharpie)
- Sally Hansen Hard As Nails, Hardener, Clear (#2103)
This fly was designed and tied by Dron Lee of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, in 2013. This is one of many original designs by Dron. To learn how to tie the Cuban Shrimp v2 step-by-step, see Dron’s Cuban Shrimp v2 blog posting.
This particular fly was designed to attract Bonefish and Permit – Red Bass, Triggerfish, and many other warm water species will also take the fly.