Recreate fly patterns at home! Materials used in making this fly have been included below. Always keep in mind your local fly-fishing store will most likely have the materials referenced, and typically for less. Materials can also be found at Amazon or any other major on-line resource.
- Mustad 34007SS (#4)
- UTC 210, white
- Brass Eyes, medium, nickel
- Krystal Flash, rainbow/ pearl (mostly blue)
- Krystal Flash, black/ pearl
- Krystal Flash, UV herring back
- Sparkle Braid, pearl (Sharpie light blue highlights on nose)
- EP Fibers, bucktail white
- Ande 40 lb monofilament (weed guard)
Design Inspiration & Detail
This fly was a bit of an experiment really. Super easy to tie. Both the Needlefish and eel are constructed the same and only differ by color, green and blue respectively. Adding green or blue pearl crystal flash really brings the fly alive. I also accent the EP Fibers with a green or blue Sharpie as well. Be creative and change up colors. Options for upgrading the pattern are endless.
This particular fly was designed to attract Snook – jacks, Barracuda, shark and many other species will also take the fly.